Sunday, April 17, 2011

Eye Witness Report

I saw them coming. They were moving faster and faster. We just kept shooting at them, down the trench. Every second felt like an hour, but they just kept coming. My boys and I were trying to hold them off; we were waiting for back up and an artillery drop. My platoon 563 was the last line of defense before they took the trench. It was hard to breathe or move because of all of the casualties around me. Now there was no option but to fight. Our minds were set and we just kept fighting and shooting. We would switch every time one of us had to reload our weapon. Finally the artillery came and dropped 4 Airco DH-4 bombs by our location and took our all of the German troops. After that we received more troops at our location and kept on fighting. - John, just returned from war

No comments:

Post a Comment